May 09, 2014

May Mantel in Yellow




Mantel decor time
 For this months color...it's yellow.

This post is picture heavy, so be prepared.

Let's have a look.


 Didn't it turn out pretty?
Birds, daisies  and lemons and a touch of Pyrex
make the rounds in this May arrangement.
I feel like this display has a 60-70's vibe.





I used one of my pyrex, "Butterfly Gold" pattern mixing bowls,
  and filled it with daisies.
Artificial that is. I know it goes against the fresh flower
girl in me. But sometimes artificial is good. I love how
these perky daisies look.

My vintage garden book, and
my thrifted lemon creamer and sugar.



Right side-
a little owl made it in of course.
The Pretty tea cup is from my sister, super special.
Added my daffodil hankie.

Left side-


I made a felt garland in citrus tones.
Doesn't it add to the whole mantel?



I've been switching out the fabric in this hoop,
with every arrangement. It's an easy way to change the
look and feel of the display.




Hope you are inspired to decorate for May.


Tootles.

To see my other seasonal mantels go here-

2 comments:

  1. So darling. I love the bird and the owl. :) I'm getting your letter written today and hoping to mail it this afternoon! I've been super busy and finally have a chance to slow down a bit. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I always look forward to hearing from you:)

      Delete

It's always such a treat hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...