December 16, 2013

A Winter Treat, and free Printable


 I've got another treat idea for ya-
and another cute printable.
I know crazy, right?
I'm on a roll with printable ideas
this Winter. 
Let's look at what I made up for my friends
and family this month as a treat.

If you remember, I try to make a little
goodie every month to give out.
Go here to see what other
treat ideas I've come up with.

Let us continue....

 
Here is what I came up with-
a treat spoons.  And check out
that cute tag? Isn't it just darling?

anyway....

Treat spoon- Funny name, but that is what it is.

I'm sure you have see versions of this before.
You put melted chocolate and other yummy bits,
on a spoon. To enjoy, you stir into a piping hot
beverage, preferably coffee or cocoa.

Here is what I did-


I picked out some sweet edible embellishments,
to decorate my chocolate spoons.


I picked out blue plastic spoons, because that is the color
I love for Winter. And then picked up some long
treat bags, perfect for this project.



I melted some chocolate (I used semi sweet chocolate chips), 
slowly so it stays 
warm and doesn't burn. I used a "ban marie",
(bowl over pan of hot water).



Then I scooped some chocolate into my spoon,
and decorated.  Some folks dip the whole spoon into
the melted chocolate. I preferred the "clean" look.


I used clear spoons too.

I also melted white chocolate.


I had a little helper.


She did good.


To decorate and package up these little yummy bites-
I designed this oval tag from a vintage card.

You like?
I know you are thinking, "more deers"?
You can never have too many deer tags.
And if you remember, deers are part of my Winter theme.

There are six on a page-
If you would like this free tag,
then go Here

For "ribbon" I used some left over
blue glitzy fabric, I had from a sewing project.






I added a snowflake to each tag, that I cut on my cricut.



 I think they are super sweet.


I took some pics outside in the snow for added effect,
take a gander.



Pretty in Pyrex, of course.




love this Snowflake pattern-


This was a super easy and fun treat to make.
The tag can be used for any Winter treat.


I love this verse from the Psalms-
The vintage deer graphic goes perfectly with it.


One of my little deers had to be in a pic too.


Again, if you would like this free printable,
then go Here to get it.

For my other free printables go here.

Tootles.

Linking up with-


5 comments:

  1. I love the clean-filled spoon with the random bits of yummies! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The clean filled style spoon seemed more pretty looking.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors of your blog, and those little deer tags are adorable!
    Merry Christmas,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed your peek at my blog. I love color, so I try to jam it in here as much as possible. Hope you can use the little deer tags.

      Delete
  3. I love the the little deer tags with the verse on them! Thank you so much for sharing them! These will be great to attach to the little gifts I made for my Bible Study ladies! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

It's always such a treat hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...